Unit 3 Study Guide
Use your NBC papers to study from. Remember you learn more if you force your brain to recall /retriever information than you do by rereading information.
- NBC #’s 1 & 9
- Remember to use target vocabulary when you write out answers to questions
Map of China
- Focus on the contributions of the Qin, Han and Ming dynasties
Be able to explain the following:
- Accomplishments of the Qin dynasty
- Filial Piety
- Supply and demand
- The importance of the Silk Road
- The role of women in ancient China
- Confucianism and how it influenced Chinese culture
- How Communism affects Chinese citizens
Notebook Check Quiz List
- Unit 3 Vocabulary Handout
- The Five Themes of Geography: China
- Ch. 5, Section 1, Notes p. 122 – 128
- Ch. 5, Section 1 Review, p 128 # 1 – 4
- “The Four Dragons: Folk Story
- “Dead Pigs Float in China’s River”
- “The Yellow River DBQ”
- Geography of China Quiz
- Vocabulary for History, Culture and Current Events
- Chinese Journalists Handout
- China’s Dynasties Handout
- Ch. 5, Section 2 Notes, p. 129 – 133
- Ch. 5, Section 2 Review. P. 133, # 1 – 4
- Filial Piety handout
- Between Taoism and Confucianism Handout
- Ch. 5, Section 4 Notes, 140 – 145
- Ch. 5, Section 4 Review. P. 145 # 1 – 4
- Notes on Communism and Industrialization
- Map of China
Just a reminder that the second payment for the Medieval Times Field Trip is due April 6th. Please refer to the original post for detailed information.
Just a reminder that the first payment for the Medieval Times Field Trip is due February 18th. Please refer to the original post for detailed information.
The sixth grade is planning a field trip to Medieval Times in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, on May 21, 2015. Students will be viewing a jousting tournament that details and customs and daily life of people during this time while enjoying a meal typical of that era. There is a gift shop on the premises and if time permits students will be allowed to make purchases.
The cost of the field trip is $100. We will be collecting this money in two installments of $50 each, to be made by February 16 and April 6th. Please fill out the permission slip and return it with the first installment. Checks are to be made out to GMS-SAF. Cash will also be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Smietana.
Click on the following link for a copy of the field trip information and permission slip that was given to all students this week. Medieval Times Field Trip Permission Slip
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is January, 19, 2015. This Friday, students on the Burgundy Team will learn about Martin Luther King Jr.’s life in Social Studies classes. Mrs. Smietana will show each class videos and discuss parts of Dr. King’s famous “I Have A Dream” speech.